Young Bek, Director of Beauty at Soleil Toujours
Pressed powder, loose powder, cream stick, gel, liquid, shimmer, or matte bronzer... that is a lot to think about for something that should take you no longer than 60 seconds to apply. Our longing for a healthy, sun kissed glow after the cold, dark winter drives us to find the perfect bronzer, but our fear of looking like an Oompa Loompa makes choosing a bronzer a difficult task.
Here are a few tips to make your life easier in your quest for a bronzer:
- Start with a clean and moisturized face. Skin with smooth, supple texture will help your makeup and bronzer look flawless. I like to start by priming the face with Soleil’s Anti-Aging Power Serum, which helps with tone and texture.
- When choosing a Bronzer color in any form, pick a shade that is two shades darker than your normal foundation color.
- Ask yourself if you want a glow to your skin or a matte finish, which will narrow down your choices. (For oily skin, I prefer to use a pressed or loose powder because the other formulas will start to break apart when mixed with the oils on your face.)
Think about your own needs and select a bronzer that best suits your style. Below are a few of your choices:
- Pressed powder bronzers are quick and easy to use and they are portable. Plus, they usually come with a mirror you can use to touch up during the day. Use a bronzer brush or powder brush.
- Liquid bronzers look intimidating but, when used with a brush it will glide on to your skin and give you an all over even finish. Use a liquid foundation brush or makeup sponge.
- Cream stick bronzers can be used for many beauty purposes. It can be used on the lips for a shimmer over lipstick or lip balm. It can also be used on the eyelid as an eyeshadow. All of which can be done with the fingers.
- Try making your own bronzer / tinted moisturizer by mixing equal parts of a liquid foundation which is two shades darker than your normal color with your favorite moisturizer. Use a foundation brush to mix and apply.
anazing tips youngbek and love love love soleil