"Hard to imagine it's already Memorial Day, given the ominous clouds and cold, damp depressing weather in NYC," says Valerie. "We're heading east to Shelter Island for the weekend and we're excited to hang out with friends, relax and get the house organized and ready to kick off the season."
And she also has her favorite spots on the island. Here are her must-hit destinations:
- The Carousel in Greenport: Take the kids!
- Blue Canoe: Grab lunch here after the carousel. "Love their lobster salad and their fried oyster Po boy."
- Marie Eiffel: Valerie's planning to do a little shopping at "my favorite store on the planet." Valerie adds, "She has the chicest and most unique selection of clothes and accessories."
- Sunset Beach: "Can't kick off the summer without a little rosé at Sunset Beach."
- "My husband Scott will drag us out on our doughdish for a family sail. Break out the foul weather gear!"